Steve Morse = kreativer Stillstand??

hotblack (was für'n zackiger Name... :D),
      mich dünkt, du bist ein großer Steve Morse fan. Dann dürfte dich das interessieren:

Dweezil Calls In The Stars For New Album
      14th July 2010
      Dweezil Zappa has enlisted the help of a ream of guitar legends for his forthcoming new album.
      Eddie Van Halen, Brian May, Steve Vai, Steve Morse, Angus and Malcolm Young, Yngwie Malmsteen and Warren DeMartini all guest on Zappa’s forthcoming solo album ‘What The Hell Was I Thinking?’.
      In a recent interview with The Huffington Post, Zappa stated about the forthcoming CD, “It's a record that I started a while ago, and I just haven't had a chance to really put it all together. I know I'm probably going to add some changes based on my own technical improvements to my playing. I guess the best way to describe the project is it's an audio movie. I recorded a bunch of different music that all segues together, so it's constantly morphing and turning. Each little segment has its own little audio environment, and then you have these cameo appearances by all these different guitar players who sort of start falling out of the speakers. So, it's got about thirty different people on there so far. . . And the thing is, all these different people, they all have a very recognizable sound, and in the world of guitar playing, that's a real challenge — to create your own sound to where when you hear just a couple of notes you actually know who it is.
      “The fun of it is that you're actually hearing a lot of these people out of context, they're playing on things they wouldn't normally be playing over, and that was part of the fun of making this project happen. So, either people are playing on exactly what you would expect them to play over, or something you would never expect them to play over. The Van Halen thing is pretty funny because I put this section together where I asked Edward to play sort of a 'greatest-hits' from all his different guitar licks. We just took different licks from different solos from different records and made him play them all and string them together in one guitar solo. That was pretty fun because it was like having your own toy Eddie Van Halen — like, 'I'll make my Eddie Van Halen play this.'”

Ich habe mir gerade das aufs Ohr gezogen:

youtube.com/watch?v=h8Thn_DQ3ew aahhh, those were the days...

Schöne Grüße, Yvonne
      keep the freak flag flying!
      Original von missusuniverse
      . Aber guck dir doch mal diese Lena an - die hechelt doch schon beim 2. Song. DIE wird mit knapp 65 nicht mehr das bringen, was Gillan drauf hat!
      I

Ich möchte mal behaupten, die wird selbst mit 25-30 nicht annähernd da ran kommen. Vermutlich will sie aber auch niemand mehr hören, wenn sie das Alter mal erreicht hat.Das Musikbusiness hat sich einfach sehr stark verändert. Musikalisches können ist nicht mehr so gefragt. Der wichtigste Mann ist heute der Tontechniker.
      Da fällt mir dann wieder die Geschichte ein, die mit dem Anfang vom Ende der spice girls zu tun hat. Da ging auch der tontechniker und da kein adequater Ersatz gefunden werden konnte hat man sich aufgelöst.
      Desweiteren muss ich da an Sonntagabend denken. Da ging ja diese seltsame WM in Südafrika endlich zu Ende. Kann mir vielleicht jemand sagen, was einen Menschen bewegt, im Winter abends auf einer Bühne in einem Stadion/open air ohne das ganze lichtequipment wie auf einer normalen Bühne, was bewegt einen menschen unter solchen bedingungen im "Bikini" aufzutreten? Muss da von den gesangsschwächen abgelenkt werden oder ist es nur das businessthema sex sells????

Gruss
      Rudy
      (der weiss das er kein musikalisches können hat und deswegen das musizieren denen überlässt, die es können. Die, die es nicht können, davon gibt es auch ohne mich schon mehr als genug)
      Rudy, ich denke es gibt "Stars", bei denen gehört das Outfit einfach zum Gesamtpaket. Siehe Lady Gaga oder auch, um etwas weiter zurück zu gehen, so manche von den Glamrockern wie Kiss etc.
      Wie heißt es so schön? "Der Erfolg gibt ihnen recht", oder?

Um auf das eigentliche Thema zurück zu kommen: 'Angelfire', das neue Album von Steve, das er gemeinsam mit Sarah Spencer aufgenommen hat, und auf das ich seit einer gefühlten Ewigkeit warte, soll endlich (im August) auf den Markt kommen!
      Mal sehen, ob da was von Stillstand zu bemerken ist... ;)
      Be what you are, I tell myself
      And myself tells me we can't be anybody else