Glenn Hughes arbeitet an neuem Solo Album!!!

Re: Glenn Hughes arbeitet an neuem Solo Album!!!

Hallo, nun steht sogar schon der Termin für die neue Platte fest Er selbst sagt: Just wanted to let you all know that yesterday all the tracking for the album was completed. We had the final day of string section yesterday. It is a massive piece of work. 15 songs were recorded. I would like you all to know I spent all of last year writing, arranging and preparing these songs. I spent way more time on this album than any other album of my career. I don't think anybody will argue that this is a turning point for me. A few of my real close friends have been to chad's to listen and they are saying that this album and the vibe is exactly where I should be headed. I can tell you it is a mature album, and more than ever before I can't wait for you all to hear it. We start mixing mid March and the album is scheduled to be released May 29th. A very tired but exuberant Glenn Viele Grüße, Jens

Hört sich gut an und lässt hoffen, dass GH ein frisches Album vorlegt ohne sich zu sehr zu wiederholen, was bei ihm ja manchmal die Gefahr ist, bei den vielen Alben, die er produziert. Bezieht sich nicht auf Richmores gleichzeitiges Posting! @Richmore: ist doch nur wieder so eine typische etwas verdrehte Glenn hughes Aussage, soll heißen: die Aufnahmen waren anstrengend aber er ist sehr optimistisch, dass das Album erfolgreich sein wird - naja bei der Besetzung hofft er natürlich auch auf Käufe aus dem Peppers-Lager.

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 1 mal editiert, zuletzt von „dirtydog“ ()

Hier habe ich einen Bericht zur neuen Platte gefunden... sind also auch zwei Cover Songs drauf- In an interview conducted with Garry Sharpe-Young, to be published shortly on Rockdetector.com, legendary vocalist/bassist Glenn Hughes (DEEP PURPLE, BLACK SABBATH) revealed that besides his recent cover version of "Nights In White Satin", he also cut a rendition of LED ZEPPELIN's "Misty Mountain Hop". Here's part of the conversation: "Chad Smith (RED HOT CHILI PEPPERS/GLENN HUGHES drummer) called me at 11 o'clock one night and suggested we do a cover version. I said OK, this sounds good — what do you have in mind? So he said STEVIE WONDER. So I immediately thought 'No way.' I mean, I've seen all that stuff and, frankly, leave Stevie alone because it's kind of sacrasanct and actually a bit obvious too so I said to Chad, 'Look, let me sleep and I'll get back to you in the morning with an idea. "When I woke up, my wife was just going off to the gym when it struck me — 'Nights in White Satin'. I phoned Chad and he said 'Fantastic.' It's one of his favorite songs too. So we got John Frusciante (RED HOT CHILI PEPPERS guitarist) onboard too and we rehearsed it once, started recording at 11 and we were out of the studio by 2. Bang! We just cut it in one. Chad gave it to his attorney and within 24 hours he came back with a movie soundtrack offer! That's how that song got onto the 'Stealth' movie. But we did another song too. Sony Pictures asked we do something so we did a wonderful version of LED ZEPPELIN's 'Misty Mountain Hop'. This was for the movie 'Lords Of Dogtown'. So I wrote Jimmy Page a letter because with LED ZEPPELIN you have to get permission and blessing from the guys, Jimmy, Robert Plant and John Paul Jones. But we didn't get the clearance in time to make the movie deadline. But it will come out. I could put it out as a bonus track or something but I don't want that, it needs to be in a movie." Glenn also talks about his new solo album "Music for the Divine", featuring RED HOT CHILI PEPPERS' Chad Smith and John Frusciante as well as Dave Navarro (ex-JANE'S ADDICTION, RED HOT CHILI PEPPERS). Also on the agenda is the Australian release of "Soul Mover", this version adding the "Nights In White Satin" track, plus the brand new HUGHES/THRALL album and a future all star European concert billing with members of the SCORPIONS, JOE SATRIANI, BILLY SHEEHAN and a full-blown orchestra. Mistreated

Der Song ist auf dem Soundtrack "Stealth" erschienen (einziger Song mit Glenn auf dem Album).

Sweet CHILD IN TIME....
      see the blind man shooting at the world...

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 1 mal editiert, zuletzt von „Kalle“ ()

Anscheinend ist die Platte schon fertig und sogar ein Cover gibt es schon! Die Fotos wurden übrigens in Chad Smith seinem Garten gemacht! Gibt es nicht auch ein DVD von Chad Smith und Ian Paice??? Hier noch der Kommentar zur Platte: The Voice of Rock Glenn Hughes has announced the final tracklisting of his highly anticipated new solo album entitled Music For The Divine. It is: The Valiant Denial . Steppin On . Monkey Man . This House . You Got Soul . Frail . Black Light . Nights In White Satin . Too High . This Is How I Feel . The Divine. Produced by Glenn together with Red Hot Chili Peppers drummer Chad Smith, the record was recorded in Chad's house in Los Angeles and again features Chad on drums and long-time Glenn Hughes collaborator JJ Marsh on guitar. Also featured are Red Hot Chili Peppers guitarist John Frusciante and Mark Killian who has provided the string arrangements and keyboards. Release date in Europe is set for June 9! Stay tuned for more news! http://www.melodicrock.com/ Viele Grüße Mistreated